How to Prepare Your Landscape for the Spring Season
Cleaning up your landscape in the spring is important for keeping it beautiful for the rest of the spring and summer seasons. The fall and winter can take their toll on your landscape and properly prepping it in the spring goes a long way. There are plenty of simple tasks you can do to spruce up your landscaping to make it easier for your garden to grow and your lawn to be full and green. Some tasks to do include:
- Test Your Soil: You should test your soil every few years. A soil test will let you know the nutrient levels of your soil and if it is lacking certain things. You can then add fertilizer to supplement your soil and replace the nutrients it lacks.
- Fertilize Your Lawn: Your soil test will give you the information that you need to determine what fertilizer will benefit your lawn and garden. Applying the proper fertilizer will help with grass growth and provide your garden with enough nutrients for all your veggies to grow big and healthy.
- Weed Control: Weeds are a menace. They tangle up the root systems of your grass and garden, stealing vital nutrients from them in the process. So, prevent weeds from growing in the first place with pre-emergent weed control.
- Lay Down Mulch: Place a 1-inch-thick layer of mulch around trees and plant beds. Mulch not only makes your landscape look clean, but it also helps with moisture retention, keeps roots cool, and insulates roots in the winter.
- Clean Up Debris: Clean up leaves and other debris around your landscape. This will enhance the curb appeal of your landscape and help ensure that your landscape receives the sun and water it needs.
- Inspect Your Sprinklers: When the warm weather comes, turn on your sprinklers and inspect them. Be sure none of them are blocked or broken. You may also hire an irrigation company to inspect your sprinklers for you.
Contact Us Today for Your Landscaping Materials!
Burns Materials has all the landscaping supplies you may need in the Waterbury, CT area. We carry organic mulch to help protect your garden and trees from the damaging effects of the hot sun and provide moisture retention to keep them hydrated. If you have some sparse spots of grass in your lawn, we also carry grass seeds to help fix those bare spots. We have decorative stones and fire pit stones that can be used for a variety of applications. Contact us today for all your landscaping supplies needs!